So this is my first blog in my 20 years 9 months and 4 days of existence.... interesting huh? kind of... anyway, I kinda stole the idea from someone and thought "what the hell, why not?" I guess all the cool kids are doing it to, so might as well. Actually, I think I only know one other person in my life that actually blogs. I guess this could be like a cool diary or something.
So, I saw Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade last night around 2 am and Dr. Jones, played by Sir Sean Connery, created a grail diary that had all of his hints and solved mysteries about the Holy Grail. It was this awesome beaten down leather book that could easily fit inside your pocket. To top it off, it was written with neat hand writing and cool drawings. Now wouldn't it be cool to have an awesome beaten down leather book that could easily fit inside your pocket??? OF COURSE!! but here's the situation... at least my situation. I don't really own one yet, but that's the least of our problems.... 1. I don't really write that well. I guess I can but it'll take me forever to actually take my time and right something down perfectly. And lets be honest: me and time don't really work that well together. Primarily, school takes up most of my time. Though do I actually study and work all the time... uh no! Come to think of it... I should be studying for my history exam I have tomorrow, I am a history major by the way, so I do like it. But everyone need a break... right? Glad you agree. That being said, I took time out of my busy study schedule to create this blog and to see where it takes me. I'm not really sure how often I'm going to write in this, but lets just go wherever the wind blows us. Thats a good motto, Mark Twain wrote:
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do rather than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
So essentially, this is my way to explore, dream, and discover. Cool stuff huh? Oh and back to that whole awesome beaten down leather book that could easily fit inside your pocket idea... 2. I can't really draw that well, so that automatically nulls any idea of having an awesome beaten down leather book that could easily fit inside your pocket.
So we've gotten this far, now what about that name? UncleJULIO? I choose this because 1. I am an unlce, and 2. my name is Julio 3. its the name of this cool mexican restaraunt in Texas. Good food, I think I've been there once, but I always passed by it. Brings back good memories and 4. what better surname than Uncle Julio?? It just sounds like it should belong to a really handsome nice guy (me). And it does...
Now why do I call it Julio's Mysteries?? Well here's my assesment: Everyday in our short life is a mystery, bringing new adventures, emotions, and rewards. Whats going to happen next? How am I going to feel 4, 10, 20, hours from now? But at the end of the day, how are you going to remember those new feeling and adventures? Hopefully you're amazing a remembering emotions and actions! Though for the rest of us who have a troubling time remembering previous accounts and emotions, why not write it now? Save the mysteries and cherish them, both good and bad (corny enough?).
So here we go with full sails to a mysterious future to endure and experience. explore. dream. discover.
Monday, March 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1. your name is julio? for reals?..you're lying
ReplyDelete2. I drive by Uncle Julio's everyday haha
1. For realz... my name is Julio!!! Thats why I'm so cool... haha...
ReplyDelete2. I haven't been to Uncle Julio's in forever.
I have never been...and I don't think Julio makes you cool...ahaha
ReplyDeletehow can Julio not be associated with such a cool dude???!!?! it just can't!! therefore.. i am cool!!
ReplyDeleteok, if you say so. you're a super cool dude! haha
ReplyDelete